Monday, June 30, 2014

Belmar Lynnie

K and I went down to the beach in Belmar one Saturday during a summer when my sister had a share house there. The day turned overcast, so instead of lying on the beach all day like we'd plannned, we headed to happy hour at D'Jais. After a few casual drinks outside, we moved inside for the happy hour specials that started. That's when things escalated quickly. The bartender kept chatting with us, giving us shots we couldn't refuse. By the time HH ended, we were three sheets to the wind, but headed to my sister’s house. We attempted to freshen up a bit while pregaming for another house party we planned to attend in another town. A few people we knew from high school would be there, including one really cute guy in particular, J. Our cab came to take us there, and then we drank, danced, and mingled the night away. I spent the majority of the night hanging out with J, and decided to stay at the party after my girlfriends left.

Cut to J and I waking up in the basement the following morning. Nothing serious happened, but there I was with this cute guy, yesterday's eyeliner down to my chin (or so I imagined), and no immediate escape back to my sister's house. After a trip from the basement to the bathroom, the mirror calmed any eyeliner fears, and I realized I was still fairly presentable (#winning). J and I hung out with the guys there for a few hours that morning, cleaning up the wounded soldiers and pizza crusts left from the party. Around noon, J FINALLY drove me back to my sister’s house. I was starving. I needed to fill the girls in on my night with J, and my stomach.

The girls were on the beach, so I went to meet them there. Much to my dismay, they'd already made a trip to Dunkin' hours earlier. We decided to go to the Parker House for their $10 Sunday lobster deal, and a little Sunday Funday action. We got to the Parker house around 1PM. The Parker House is one of those places with several bar areas, along with a main restaurant area. I walk up the steps to the main hostess stand, and ask the hostess if I can get their lobster deal there. She told me I had to go around to the back bar. I walk through the back entrance toward the bathroom, and ask the first bartender I see if this is where I can get a lobster. He told me that deal was only downstairs, so I go downstairs to that bar. Apparently I went too far downstairs, because after asking another person for a lobster, they sent me up one more flight to the packed bar area on the porch outside. I finally push through the crowd to get to the bar outside, and for the fourth time, I ask a Parker House employee, "Can I have a lobster?" Finally, my lobster order was placed in the right spot. It took another 10 minutes or so to get the lobster. Once I had the lobster in hand, I obviously had to crack the f*cking thing open to get any substantial food. I was so hungry, I walked back up to the saint who finally served me my lobster to ask if I could PLEASE have a piece of bread or something to go with it. He offered me a hamburger bun which I quickly split in two and dunked into the butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment