The line at McDonald's at this hour is consistently about 15 people deep. I wasn't the only one that needed a mini late-night feast. Rather than taking my place in the back of the line for the second time that night like any normal person, I felt that my previous time spent waiting in line there had earned me the right to go to the middle of the line. Not straight to the front, of course, since I hadn't been gone for toooo long. Unfortunately, the couple that I decided to stand in front of confronted me, and pointed to the back. I explained to them that I was in that spot earlier, and just stepped out of line for a second. No one in front of or behind me in line would back me up on this fact, so after a few minutes of drunken bickering, I
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
I'm lovin' it
One night, a typical Thursday happy hour lasted way longer than the specials, and I found myself ravenous on my way back to my apartment. Because it is on my walk home, and few other places can satify the drunken munchies quite like it, I swung by my local McDonald's. I waited in line for a few minutes until I realized that I was in the midst of making an epic mistake. Five Guys recently opened a half of a block away, and their burgers and fries put Ronald's to shame. I speed walked down the street to purchase a burger with too many toppings and cajun fries just in time to reach the door as the workers closed it in my face. Much to my dismay, it was 11:00PM, and they were now closed. Luckily, the McDonald's near me is open 24 hours a day, so I headed back toward the Golden Arches.
The line at McDonald's at this hour is consistently about 15 people deep. I wasn't the only one that needed a mini late-night feast. Rather than taking my place in the back of the line for the second time that night like any normal person, I felt that my previous time spent waiting in line there had earned me the right to go to the middle of the line. Not straight to the front, of course, since I hadn't been gone for toooo long. Unfortunately, the couple that I decided to stand in front of confronted me, and pointed to the back. I explained to them that I was in that spot earlier, and just stepped out of line for a second. No one in front of or behind me in line would back me up on this fact, so after a few minutes of drunken bickering, Ipretty much screamed declared, "WHATEVER! YOU GUYS ARE ALL FAT!!" and simultaneously ducked out the side door (which must have been installed specifically for these types of dramatic exits) to go back to my apartment. At that point, I had no choice but to make myself a double Boca burger with cheese, and pass out.
The line at McDonald's at this hour is consistently about 15 people deep. I wasn't the only one that needed a mini late-night feast. Rather than taking my place in the back of the line for the second time that night like any normal person, I felt that my previous time spent waiting in line there had earned me the right to go to the middle of the line. Not straight to the front, of course, since I hadn't been gone for toooo long. Unfortunately, the couple that I decided to stand in front of confronted me, and pointed to the back. I explained to them that I was in that spot earlier, and just stepped out of line for a second. No one in front of or behind me in line would back me up on this fact, so after a few minutes of drunken bickering, I
Labels:
hangry,
happy hour,
McDonald's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment